Located in Laconia, NH, Vista Foods is a 24,000 sq. ft. full purpose grocery facility. In the spring of 2018, Associated Grocers of New England, owners of Vista Foods, partnered with Energy LB Resources to reduce energy consumption and costs.
The facility’s cooling systems’ infrastructure and equipment was aging, and needed performance improvements where possible. Power consumption patterns represented an area where improvements could be made.
Lighting quality was poor and inconsistent, and required increasing maintenance and repair. Ballasts, lamps, and wiring in both the ceiling lighting and cooler case and aisle food cases were underperforming and exhibiting signs of failure.
Mean Annual Electrical Savings: 161,716 kWh 150,469 kWh
Mean Annual Cost Savings: $17,142 $15,949
Store Overhead Cost Reduction: 15.96% 14.85%
- Cut operating power costs of operating refrigeration and freezing systems
- Increase the life of the refrigeration and freezing compressors’ and condenser motor loads
- Reduce operating costs of interior ceiling lighting and cooler case lighting
- Improve lighting quality of interior ceiling lighting and cooler case lighting
- Replace parking lot lamps with photo controlled LED area lamps ~70% more efficient
- Refrigerant lubrication – improving heat transfer and compressor operation
- Power Factor correction – reducing distribution losses and improving compressor efficiency
- LED Lighting – reductions in power of 55% – 70% and quality of light enhancements
“This project has shown that by upgrading our systems, we can save on the bottom line. Our carbon footprint has decreased significantly. Also, the quality and consistency of the Lighting in the store is more uniform and brighter – a dramatic improvement.” Bob Fitzpatrick, Store manager